Geelong, Lorne, Surf Coast, Apollo Bay, Bellarine & Surrounding Areas
Eradicate ants and other crawling insects from the exterior and/or interior of a home. Exterior treatments can cost as little as $200 and will provide up to 6-months protection.
All our products will kill ants on contact however ant colonies can be very strong and hidden deep in inaccessible cavities, sometimes they can come back within 1 to 2 month.
In severe cases following a chemical treatment ants can keep dying for several months or years.
After treatment dead ants will remain in wall cavities and roof voids and can fall out of gaps or light fittings when the wind blows or there is movement in the house.
Dead ants can continue to appear in and around the property unless all the gaps are sealed and/or the house is taken apart and cleaned.
We require that you leave the property while we complete the chemical applications and ask that you do not return for a two hour period after the application.
Ants are everywhere particularly over the summer months, opening new nests and foraging madly in preparation for Winter. Here are a few simple preventatives;
- Try to ensure that your garden and soil are not in contact with the main structure of your home.
- Prune trees and shrubs that are touching the house.
- Clean-up all drink spills and food scraps immediately.
- Place sweet foods in clean well-sealed containers – or better yet in the refrigerator.
If this does not control the ant population sufficiently or you need further treatment, please contact us.
A typical ant treatment includes where applicable:
- The chemical treatment of ants externally on the house, outbuildings, fences, features and bins on the property with Biflex emulsion @ 0.63%
- The chemical treatment of ants internally in the houses and out buildings on the property with Tempo or Temprid emulsion @ 1.25%
- The chemical treatment of ants with dragnet dust in the subfloors, cavities and roof voids where required.
All the chemicals we use except Temprid are based on synthetic pyrethroids which are modelled on nature¹s natural insecticide ³pyrethrum² which is extracted from daisy flowers.
The chemicals are not harmful to you or your pets except fish, fish are very sensitive to these products so please let us know if you have a fish tank or pond.
The products we use externally and sometimes internally can leave a residue on the windows which looks like salt spray.
Any spray residue can easily and safely be removed with water and a cloth. If we have to use dust there may be a fine white powder residue left behind.
The toxicity to mammals of the product we use inside is similar to table salt, this product will leave no visible marks on most surfaces and has no smell.
Great Ocean Road Pest Control is an Australian pest management company established in 1997. We are family owned and run. Based in the coastal town of Lorne southern Victoria, we service Melbourne, Geelong and the Great Ocean Road to Apollo Bay.
We offer pest control solutions that minimise the use of pesticides and the effect these can have on the environment.
Our service area includes Lorne, Torquay, Geelong, Anglesea, Aireys Inlet, Wye River, Apollo Bay, Kennet River, Bambra, Winchelsea, Colac, Deans Marsh, Ocean Grove, Barwon Heads, Drysdale, Clifton Springs, Forest, Gellibrand, Marengo, and Lavers Hill.
Great Ocean Road Pest Control offers both residential and commercial pest control services. Our commercial pest control service encompasses a complete suite of solutions, suitable for any type of business. We offer:
- Full programmes for Rodents and/or insects.
- Affordable 6 or 12-month contracts.
- Servicing Retaurants, Hotels and Apartments.
- Tailored packages for Holiday Rentals and Units.
- Discrete control measures and programmes.
- Estimates and Quotes performed free.