Rodent Control: Reduce Rats and Mice
Geelong, Lorne, Surf Coast, Apollo Bay, Colac & Surrounding Areas
Reduce and control populations of rats and mice using safe “tamper proof” bait stations. Annual maintenance programs begin at $250.
Here is an example of a typical rodent control solution.
- Installation of a suitable number of rodent bait boxes loaded with rodencide.
- 12 months of monitoring of the rodent boxes and replacing baits when needed.
- Service reports on rodent activity and the baiting program.
- Free service calls if required.
These external rodent boxes are locked and are pet and child friendly.
They are installed in areas where rodents travel and aim to intercept the rodents before they get into the house.
A special key is used to open and replace the baits, the bait are installed so that rodents can¹t drag the baits out of the rodent boxes.
Further Rodent Control Information
When it’s cold most of us just want to stay indoors, out of the wind and rain. And so do rats and mice!
During winter food sources for rodents become quite scarce. As the rats and mice become more hungry their fear of people seriously lowers. And it is only a matter of time before your home becomes a good option.
So what to do if you have a rat or mice infestation?
Here are the key steps;
- Block them out
- Remove temptation
- Maintain population levels
Step 1 is fairly self explanatory, but here’s a few things you may not know (and some you might not have thought of)?
- Any crack or hole big enough for a rodents head is big enough for the rest of them to get through.
- Mice will often enter homes under doors – solid draught protectors can fix that.
- Broken vent covers are also a common entry point.
Step 2 – “Removing Temptation” is really just a polite way to say clean up. Open food storage containers, spilt foodstuffs and open rubbish/recycling bins will all attract rodents.
Step 3, Maintaining population levels. Rodents are always there but a good, year-round, management program will lower their numbers. Effective baiting can also draw rodents away from your home, in addition to destroying them.
A qualified and experienced Pest Controller can provide you with great advice on protecting your home. Including information on blocking of entry points, safe baiting practices and habitat control.
Great Ocean Road Pest Control is an Australian pest management company established in 1997. We are family owned and run. Based in the coastal town of Lorne southern Victoria, we service Melbourne, Geelong and the Great Ocean Road to Apollo Bay.
We offer pest control solutions that minimise the use of pesticides and the effect these can have on the environment.
Our service area includes Lorne, Torquay, Geelong, Anglesea, Aireys Inlet, Wye River, Apollo Bay, Kennet River, Bambra, Winchelsea, Colac, Deans Marsh, Ocean Grove, Barwon Heads, Drysdale, Clifton Springs, Forest, Gellibrand, Marengo, and Lavers Hill.
Great Ocean Road Pest Control offers both residential and commercial pest control services. Our commercial pest control service encompasses a complete suite of solutions, suitable for any type of business. We offer:
- Full programmes for Rodents and/or insects.
- Affordable 6 or 12-month contracts.
- Servicing Retaurants, Hotels and Apartments.
- Tailored packages for Holiday Rentals and Units.
- Discrete control measures and programs.
- Estimates and Quotes performed free.